You can easily install the Archiving Plugin for Confluence using the Universal Plugin Manager (UPM) that is built into Confluence.
You can install it in two different ways. We highly recommend the first approach for your convenience. You should use the second approach only if the server that hosts your Confluence instance has no access to the Atlassian Marketplace, i.e. when direct Confluence-server-to-Marketplace-server communication is not possible.
Installing directly from Atlassian Marketplace
- Login to Confluence as administrator, go to Confluence Administration → Add-ons → Find new add-ons and search for the term "archiving".
- Click Install at the entry of "Archiving Plugin for Confluence" in the search results.
- Click Manage add-ons in the left and check whether "Archiving Plugin for Confluence" is visible in the User-installed add-ons list, and whether it is enabled.
Installing by uploading the app JAR
- Download the app JAR from its Atlassian Marketplace page. Make sure that you download the app version correctly matching your Confluence version.
- Login to Confluence as administrator, go to Confluence Administration → Add-ons → Manage add-ons and click Upload add-on in the right.
- Click Browse, select the confluence-archiving-plugin-x.y.z.jar that you just downloaded, and upload it.
- Check whether Archiving Plugin for Confluence is visible in the User-installed add-ons list, and whether it is enabled.