You can easily install the Commit Policy Plugin for Jira using the Universal Plugin Manager (UPM) that is built into Jira.
You can install it in two different ways. We highly recommend the first approach for your convenience. You should use the second approach only if the server that hosts your Jira instance has no access to the Atlassian Marketplace, i.e. when direct Jira-server-to-Marketplace-server communication is not possible.
Installing directly from Atlassian Marketplace
- Login to Jira as administrator, go to Jira Administration → Add-ons → Find new add-ons and search for the term "commit policy".
- Click Install at the entry of "Commit Policy Plugin for Jira" in the search results.
- Click Manage add-ons in the left and check whether "Commit Policy Plugin for Jira" is visible in the User-installed add-ons list, and whether it is enabled.
Installing by uploading the app JAR
- Download the app JAR from its Atlassian Marketplace page. Make sure that you download the app version correctly matching your Jira version.
- Login to Jira as administrator, go to Jira Administration → Add-ons → Manage add-ons and click Upload add-on in the right.
- Click Browse, select the jira-commit-policy-plugin-x.y.z.jar that you just downloaded, and upload it.
- Check whether Commit Policy Plugin for Jira is visible in the User-installed add-ons list, and whether it is enabled.