Let's face it: developers hate heavy-weight processes forced upon them.
Better Commit Policy prevents chaos and encourages good practices with a light-weight approach. Plus, without losing agility!
Who is who and who can do what?
Committer must have a valid Jira account
- only users with valid Jira accounts can commit changes
- only users in the "teamleads" Jira group can commit changes
Committer attribute must match a pattern
- only the users "alice", "bob" or "cecil" can commit changes
- only users with an email address matching "*-email@example.com" "can commit changes
Integrated with the Bitbucket apps and Git tools you already use
How does it help me work better?
"In the aviation industry, we need to be able to prove to authorities how exactly each aerospace system requirement is fulfilled and by what part of the source code.
Better Commit Policy makes it easy to manage our Jira work items towards those requirements, proactively control what is committed to our source code repositories, and ultimately, to comply with regulations."
– Kalen Brown, Associate Electrical and Computer EngineerRead the story →
"Before using commit policies, our developers’ behavior was like in the wild west.
We couldn’t match source code changes with Jira issues, it was almost impossible to understand what work has really been done, we wasted time.
The Better Commit Policy app helps us maintain a manageable development process by enforcing some configurable rules in a friendly, but strict way."
– Yakov Yukhnovetsky, DevOps EngineerRead the story →
with the Better Commit Policy app?
We'd love to know!